How to fix laptop fan noise?
Well, I understand you are tired of the annoying noise of your laptop fan, but now you are thinking to quite this noise, and this is so easy. But, before fixing the laptop noise, do you know how this noise started? Let me tell you.
Dust is right up there when it comes to the most common cause of laptop fan making grinding noise. It can damage your system in multiple ways and make loud sounds like an air conditioner or meat slicer.
How To Fix Laptop Fan Noise?
There are three quick methods you can do to fix laptop fan noise:
- Make sure the vents on your laptop aren’t blocked by dust or other debris. You can clean them with a vacuum cleaner or a soft brush.
- Reduce the load on your computer by turning off programs that you don’t need, and close any open files but not being used.
- Update your computer’s BIOS and drivers.
In this blog post, I put my best knowledge to guide you briefly on how you can fix for Asus laptop fan noise, HP, or Dell laptop fan making grinding noise.
Read more: Is MacBook Air Good For Programming?
Here Are 5 Easy Methods To Fix Fan Laptop Noise
1. Clean the dust off your laptop:
Laptop cooling systems are less efficient at transferring heat away from your laptop, which means that it’s much easier for the dust to accumulate. If you don’t clean out the fan and other components after 2 to 3 months, this may cause damage and noise over time.
When the sound of your laptops’s fan is abnormal, or it becomes too loud, this could indicate too many dust particles caught inside the blades. This is why it’s so important to clean out your laptop fans regularly. The dust accumulation can affect the performance of a laptop in degrading ways, which leads back to louder spinning and increased noise levels.
There are two solutions, first is to check your laptop with a professional laptop engineer. And the second is to clean your laptop fan dust by yourself.
Here are some simple and easy steps to clean the dust from your laptop fans, before starting, only take a screwdriver for losing screws.
[su_box title=”Caution:” box_color=”#f95738″]The fan is a very important component of your laptop. If it’s under warranty, avoid opening the laptop for any reason because this will most likely result in voiding their warranty plan. Take this laptop to your seller and ask them to fix this issue. They will do this work without any cost to you. [/su_box]
- Take your laptop to an airy place so the dust can spread around.
- Make sure your laptop is not connected to any electrical source. Because it can cause laptop making buzzing noise when plugged in.
- Remove laptop battery.
- Turn your laptop, and bring the lower side of the laptop up.
- Find the air vent, open the screws, and remove the panel.
- Now you can see dusty laptop fans.
- Take any air blower, and blow air on the fans. Make sure you wear goggles when blowing air; otherwise, dust particles can damage your eyes.
Blowing out the dust will have your laptop work smooth and quite. You are saving on noise and time with all that’s involved in slowing down your laptop work speed.
Read more: Are Gaming Laptops Good For Video Editing? 2022 Brief Guide
2. Get rid of Malware:
One of the most annoying things on your laptop is malware which puts pressure on it and results in noisy fans. Malware slows down your computer, increases temperature, and makes noise. The best way to avoid this problem? Make sure you have an antivirus program.
There are many free antivirus programs out there, but I suggest you download one with the premium version. It will provide better protection and allow access to tech support when needed. This would be a good way to slow down the noise of your laptop fans.
To check whether there is a virus in your laptop or not. Open task manager, go to process tab. If you find any strange letters, chaotic order, or processes on your system task manager, it most likely means that there are viruses hidden in laptops.
Use authentic antivirus software for protection against such threats because they can cause many problems over time. Including slowing down your computer increasing the noise of your laptop fans.
3. Fix fan control setting:
The problem with some laptop fans is that they run at full speed all the time, even when you’re not gaming or putting some extra load. This can be annoying because it’s difficult to silence the fans for certain activities like watching YouTube videos or working in your office space. Thankfully, there is a solution to this problem.
If your laptop fans are connected directly to the motherboard, you might be able to control them using BIOS settings.
Check out the fan speed setting; it may vary according to the system. However, you’ve to play with the setting and check out what works better for you.
You could try several things, but one of the most straightforward would be adjusting your laptop fans’ settings not to produce any noise at all.
Read more: How To Connect Uproar Wireless To Laptop | 2022 Guide
4. Use a laptop cooling pad:
Another best and easy way to reduce the noise and maximize cooling, place a laptop in an open space with plenty of airflows. A good idea is to use this cooling pad under your laptop surface. A cooling pad will help transfer any hot spots outside to be dissipated more easily. Less heat in the laptop processor means less noise from laptop fans.
5: Replace the laptop fan:
You tried all the methods but are still facing an issue with laptop fan noise. Then the best method to get rid of the laptop noise would be to remove the fans and replace them with new and durable fans that are large. If you don’t put extra loads like gaming or running heavy software in your laptop, you can remove the fans and don’t need to install new ones. It won’t affect your system.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why is my laptop fan so loud but not hot?
When your laptop fan is loud but not hot, it may be due to clogged air vents. It’s important that dust doesn’t accumulate in the laptop. Because due to dust in the fans they take some force to run which cause creating noise from the laptop.
How to reduce fan noise on laptop Windows 10?
To reduce the fan noise on laptop Window 10, follow these steps:
- Reduce the power consumption tab or software.
- Clean the dirty fans.
- Check if there is any virus on your laptop. Use antivirus.
- Update your laptop BIOS to keep your laptop cooling maximum.
- Give your laptop breaks and shut it down a few times, so it cools down.
- Avoid using a laptop in a hot environment.
Why is my new laptop fan so loud?
There can be various reasons behind a new laptop making noise. Some of them are;
- Laptop fans can be loose and not properly adjusted.
- The hard disk is full and can’t store more data.
- Due to excessive use of laptop, processor is creating heat, and the fan is constantly running to eliminate that heat.
- Laptop fans are too small, and can’t afford high gaming on your laptop.
How to fix laptop fan noise HP?
Below are the five most common reasons behind hp laptop fan making grinding noise.
- Turn off your HP laptop.
- Remove electrical wiring.
- Remove the battery from the laptop.
- Use a vacuum and blow on the fans, vents, and side of the fan area. This method will help in removing the dust.
- Other options are Update BIOS, use any premium anti-virus, and don’t use your laptop excessively.
To minimize the fan noise from your laptop, you must care for your laptop as you care for yourself. Any laptop needs proper cleaning daily and rest for a while no matter what company laptop you are using. Laptops need premium software to customize them according to your needs.
Especially when gaming, use a laptop with a high graphic card that supports the laptop processor and doesn’t put all the load on the processor.