If you’re reading this, the chances are that you’re either trying to charge your laptop or you’ve lost the power cable and charging adapter. It is very common for everyone from time to time. Mostly we don’t carry around a laptop charger.
While on the go, you’re likely to carry your smartphone or tablet rather than a spare power cable. How do you get power if you don’t have access to one? This post shows you how to charge dead laptop without charger using an old smartphone and a mini USB cable.
How To Charge Dead Laptop Without Charger?
If your laptop is not working, it could be for a variety of reasons. It could be because it’s out of battery, or it could be because it’s been dropped on the floor. Regardless, it needs to be recharged.
Here are different ways to charge your dead laptop:
- Using a mini USB cable and smartphone
- Charging from public place.
- By placing it in a car or airplane.
- Use a power bank.
- Charge a dead laptop with USB Type A
Using a mini USB cable and smartphone:
- The first step is to charge the laptop. You can do this using a mini USB cable, an old smartphone, or any other device with a mini USB port.
- You can use this method to charge any laptop, tablet, or smartphone with a mini USB port. You will need an old smartphone, a mini USB cable, and a charger to use this method.
- Make sure you have all of the tools you need before starting. It is necessary to have a compatible smartphone, a mini USB cable, and a charger.
- Connect the phone to the laptop. You’ll need to connect the mini USB cable from the phone to the laptop. Make sure you don’t plug the cable into the charger.
- Plug the charger into the laptop. You can now start charging your laptop using the phone as a battery. You can charge it for up to 8 hours.
- Disconnect the phone from the laptop. Once you’re done charging your laptop, you can disconnect the phone from the laptop.
And it’s done. It’s pretty easy. Isn’t??
Read more: How To Use Laptop As A Monitor For PS3? Brief Guide 2022
Charging from a public place:
You can also charge your laptop using a USB charger from a public place. You’ll need to check that the socket is compatible with your laptop, and that you have the correct adapter.
By placing it in a car or airplane:
Car charging: This is a great way to charge your laptop when you’re in a hurry. You can either plug it into the cigarette lighter of your car, or use an adapter. It’s also possible to charge your laptop using a USB charger.
Airplane charging: If you’re flying on a plane, you can use the power outlets. You can either use a standard plug, or a special one that plugs directly into the socket. You’ll need to check that the socket is compatible with your laptop, and that you have the correct adapter.
Use a power bank to charge a dead laptop:
A power bank is essentially just a battery that you can plug into your laptop. You’ll need to make sure that the laptop is plugged into the wall, and that the power bank has a USB port. You’ll also need to make sure that the power bank is charged before you plug it into your laptop.
Charging a dead laptop with USB type A:
Charging a laptop is a great way to get around the world. But maybe you’ve noticed that the charge on your laptop seems slower than usual. This is because it’s running on a USB Type-B port. It’s not a problem, but you can change it so that it charges faster.
- You can change it by using a USB to USB Type-A cable. This will allow your laptop to charge at full speed.
- You can also buy a USB to USB Type-A charger. This will help you charge your laptop more quickly.
- Use the correct cable whenever you charge your laptop. Otherwise, you might damage it.
Other Ways To Charge Your Dead Laptop Easily:
Charging in a hotel room:
You can also charge your laptop using the electrical sockets in a hotel room. You’ll need to check that the socket is compatible with your laptop, and that you have the correct adapter.
Plugging in at work:
You can also charge your laptop using the electrical sockets at work. You’ll need to check that the socket is compatible with your laptop, and that you have the correct adapter.
Read more: How Many Watts Does A Gaming Laptop Use? Here’s Answer
How To Charge Acer Dead Laptop Without Charger?
When a laptop gets too old, it can be hard to charge it. The battery might be dead or it might not be charging. It can be frustrating if you don’t know what’s happening with your battery. It could also be a faulty battery, a short circuit, or a bad connection. So, here is a method to charge your Acer laptop without a charger, it could be quite similar to the above method. so don’t be afraid.
- This method is very simple. You just need to take out the power cord from your laptop, plug the mini USB cable into the power jack of your phone, and plug the other end into your laptop.
- The next thing you’ll need to do is turn off your laptop. Make sure that you don’t leave it on when you’re charging it. If you leave it on, you’ll end up with a lot of heat and possibly damage your laptop.
- When you’ve shut down your laptop, you’ll need to place your phone in your pocket or bag. Be careful not to touch anything metal, as this could short out your phone.
- After you’ve put your phone away, turn on your laptop. This will begin charging it. You can leave your laptop on overnight, and it will charge itself.
- When your laptop battery is fully charged, you can remove the mini USB cable and plug it into another device.
Sometimes people also ask; how to charge a HP laptop without a charger? And the answer is simple. The above method goes for other brand laptops like HP and Lenovo.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I charge my laptop without a charger?
You can charge your laptop using a USB Type-A cable, Mini USB cable, or mobile phone. Please read the above method to understand how it actually works.
How long does it take to charge a laptop?
It depends on what method you are using. But usually, It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours to fully charge your laptop.
Can I charge my laptop with another device?
Yes, you can charge your laptop with any device that has a USB connection. Or whatever you wanna use for charging your laptop.
How do I know if my laptop is dead?
If the power light on your laptop is off, it is most likely dead.
How do I know if my laptop is charging?
The power light will turn on when your laptop is charging. Some laptops also show a blinking light which could be Yellow, or green when it’s fully charged.
In conclusion, how to charge dead laptop without charger; the best way to charge your dead laptop is to use an old smartphone or charger. This is because the USB ports are all over the place, and you can plug it into any USB port, and it will work. If you have a dead laptop that you want to charge, you can do it with this method.